Employers used to file returns on behalf of their employees but this law was changed in 2018, with the passing of 924, this new act of parliament makes it mandatory for all employees to file their tax returns by themselves and to do that all taxpayers need a TIN ( Tax Payer Identification Number) in order to facilitate payment of their income tax.
The Income Tax Act, 2015 (Act 896) and the Revenue Administration Act, 2016 (Act 915) have made it compulsory for individuals and businesses or entities to file their income tax returns by the end of April each year.
The TIN is an-11-digit unique number given to identify you and enable GRA credit you whenever you pay your tax in Ghana. Effective 1st April 2018 please be reminded that without TIN you cannot carry out the following transactions:
• Clear goods from the ports
• Register your land documents with the Lands Commission
• Obtain a Tax Clearance Certificate from GRA
• Open a bank account
• Register your company at the Registrar-Generals’ Department
• Obtain payments for jobs/contracts done for the government
• File a case at the courts
• Obtain a passport from the Passport Office
• Obtain a drivers’ licence and register your vehicle at the DVLA
• Bid for contracts from government agencies
• Conduct business with Ministries, Departments and Agencies
• Conduct business with Metropolitan, Municipal and District Assemblies
• All taxpayers are to contact any GRA- DTRD office nearest them to pick up their tax returns, complete it and return same to the offices.
• It is advised that taxpayers who know their tax offices should go there and file their returns.
" Samsung Galaxy M30 the with a 6.4 Super AMOLED FHD+ Infinity U display and a ginormous 5,000mAh battery launched… Read More
" We thought notches, punch-hole displays, dual screen phones set the bar but this year, smartphone manufacturers have stepped up… Read More
The Samsung A70 a few days ago and it happens to be the sixth smartphone in the Galaxy A series… Read More
The Tony Elumelu Foundation, Africa’s leading philanthropy empowering African entrepreneurs, will host a gathering of European think tanks, development organisations… Read More
Imagine Ghana, which aims to engage an all-round approach in changing the course of awareness in Ghana, has announced a… Read More
Google Duplex is part of Google Assistant, and it can call restaurants or businesses to schedule an appointment or reservation… Read More