MTN Ghana is always at the fore when it comes to digital money services. MTN Ghana has rolled out this new system to help you get your money back without a sweat. MTN recently announced that mobile money subscribers in Ghana can now reverse money transfers that are mistakenly sent as airtime. The minimum airtime that can be reversed is GHS 10.00. Any transactions below this amount cannot be reversed.
How to Reverse Airtime To Cash (Money)
This service is only available to mobile money subscribers who sent the airtime on their phone. Follow this process to reverse airtime back to money using the short code *170#.
- Dial *170#
- Input 7 for wallet
- Input option 5 for Airtime Reversal
- Select transaction due for the reversal
- Select 1 to confirm the reversal
In other to ensure the safety of this service, this is a two-way authentification process that is, the recipient must also confirm the reversal without which leaves the process incomplete. The following are the terms and conditions applied to the new service.
- Reversals cover only airtime purchased from a MoMo subscriber’s wallet.
- Reversals are initiated by the subscriber from their own wallets.
- Reversals from Merchant / Agent airtime purchase is not allowed.
- Minimum airtime to be reversed is GHS 10. Transactions below GHS 10 cannot be reversed.
- No partial reversal is allowed. The subscriber needs to ensure that the full value of airtime purchased and the bonus amount received is available before the reversal can be effected.
- In case some part of the bonus or main airtime has been used by the customer, the transaction cannot be reversed. The customer has the opportunity to top-up to ensure that the full amount is available to be able to reverse.
- The sender of the Airtime needs to contact the receiver to approve the reversal after initiating the reversal.
- Airtime reversal can only be done within 72 hours of performing the transaction.
- No reversal can be processed after 72 hours of purchase.
- Notification will be sent to both the sender and receiver upon completion of the reversal.