The dust has finally settled after the unveiling of Samsung’s newest flagship; the Galaxy S9 and S9+. After all the rumored design, specifications, features and hype the mobile phone giant outdoored the S9 and S9+ at MWC 2018 which had the likes of Ghana’s own mNotify present at this year’s event.
Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+
Both the S9 and S9+ will have Snapdragon 845 CPUs, with the former phone packing 4GB of RAM and the latter a 6GB RAM respectively. They will run on Android Oreo 8.0.
For the first time ever the two models have one major difference besides the screen size the main camera. The two models share the new sensor with variable aperture, but only the S9+ comes with a secondary telephoto camera borrowed from the Note 8.
Well, Samsung “borrowed” the iPhone X camera feature called the Animoji but with twist. Samsung’s AR Emoji feature is evident in the S9 and S9 +. The Augmented Reality (AR) addition creates an emoji of your face (a generic picture) and generate a cartoon version of yourself by taking a photo of you staring straight into your camera.
Samsung built stereo speakers into the S9’s front and bottom, which make it 1.4 times as loud as the S8. For the sound lovers, I’m guessing this is good right?
Specs and Features
- Body: Polished aluminum frame, Gorilla Glass 5 front and back; IP68 certified for water and dust resistance. Midnight Black, Coral Blue, Titanium Gray, Lilac Purple color schemes.
- Display: 5.8″/6.2″ Super AMOLED Infinity, 2,960x1440px resolution, 18.5:9 (2.06:1) aspect ratio, 568/531ppi; HDR 10 compliant.
- Rear camera: S9 and S9+: 12MP, f/1.5 and f/2.4 aperture, dual pixel phase detection autofocus, OIS; multi-shot image stacking; multi-frame noise reduction; 2160p/30fps video recording; 1080p/240fps; 960fps super slow-mo with automatic motion detection. S9+ only: Secondary telephoto 12MP, Type 1/3.4″ sensor, OIS and Dual Pixel PDAF, f/2.4 aperture, 52mm equiv. focal length
- Front camera: 8MP, f/1.7 aperture, autofocus; 1440p/30fps video recording.
- OS/Software: Android 8.0 Oreo; Samsung Grace UX; Bixby virtual assistant with Bixby Vision; KNOX with Intelligent Scan
- Chipsets: Qualcomm Snapdragon 845: octa-core CPU (4×2.7 GHz Kryo 385 Gold & 4×1.7 GHz Kryo 385 Silver), Adreno 630 GPU. Exynos 9810: octa-core CPU (4×2.8 GHz 3rd-gen Mongoose + 4×1.7GHz Cortex-A55), Mali-G72 MP18 GPU.
- Memory: S9: 4GB of RAM; S9+: 6GB of RAM; 64GB / 128GB / 256GB storage; microSD slot for cards up to 256GB, UFS cards support.
- Battery: 3,000mAh/3,500mAh Li-Po (sealed); Adaptive Fast Charging; WPC&PMA wireless charging.
- Connectivity: Single-SIM, Dual-SIM available in certain markets; LTE-A, 4-Band carrier aggregation, Cat.18 downlink; USB Type-C (v3.1); Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac; GPS, Beidou, Galileo; NFC; Bluetooth 5.0.
- Misc: Fingerprint reader; iris recognition/face recognition; AKG by Harman Stereo Speakers with Dolby Atmos; 3.5mm jack; bundled AKG headphones.
The Samsung Galaxy S9 will be selling in Ghana by the end of March @ 3, 400 ghs and 3, 900 ghs for the S9+ when the hit shops.
The Nigerian market will have theirs earlier in the middle of March. The S9 will sell at 260,000 Naira and 302,900 Naira for the S9+.
Prices are subject to change based on the prevailing dollar rates and Pre-order arrangements in each country.
If you enjoy our content kindly click the link below to Join our Amazing Community on Whatsapp
We would like to send you the latest tech news updates daily