Ready to transfer to iOS? Download the Move to iOS app to get help switching from your Android device to your new iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
You have been bitten by the iPhone bug and now you want to switch from open market to proprietary. Well, you can do a smooth transition from Andriod to iOS without too much sweat.
- iOS 9 or later
- iPhone 5 or later
- iPad 4th generation or later
- iPad mini 2nd generation or later
- iPod touch 6th generation
- Android version 4.0 or later
If you live in China, learn how to download Move to iOS.
Before you begin
- On your Android device, make sure that Wi-Fi (secured, fast and reliable) is turned on.
- Plug your new iOS device and your Android device into power.
- Make sure that the content you’re moving, including what’s on your external Micro SD card, will fit on your new iOS device
- If you want to transfer your Chrome bookmarks, update to the latest version of Chrome on your Android device.
#1 Tap Move Data from Android
Look for the Apps & Data screen. Then tap Move Data from Android.
#2 Open the Move to iOS app
On your Android device, open the Move to iOS app and tap Continue. Read the terms and conditions that appear. To continue, tap Agree, then tap Next in the top-right corner of the Find Your Code screen.
#3 Wait for a code
On your iOS device, tap Continue on the screen called Move from Android. Then wait for a ten-digit or six-digit code to appear. If your Android device shows an alert that you have a weak Internet connection, you can ignore the alert.
#4 Use the code
Enter the code on your Android device. Then wait for the Transfer Data screen to appear.
#5 Choose your content and wait
On your Android device, select the content that you want to transfer and tap Next. Then even if your Android indicates that the process is complete leave both devices alone until the loading bar that appears on your iOS device finishes. The whole transfer can take a while, depending on how much content you’re moving.
#6 Set up your iOS device
After the loading bar finishes on your iOS device, tap Done on your Android device. Then tap Continue on your iOS device and follow the onscreen steps to finish setup for your iOS device.
#7 Finish up
Make sure that all of your content transferred. If some of it didn’t transfer, you can move that content manually. Need to get the apps that were on your Android device? Go to the App Store on your iOS device to download them.
If you have issues moving your content, there are a couple of things that you can check:
- Make sure that you leave both devices alone until the transfer finishes. For example, on your Android device, the Move to iOS app should stay onscreen the whole time. If you use another app or get a phone call on your Android before the transfer finishes, your content won’t transfer.
- On your Android device, turn off apps or settings that might affect your Wi-Fi connection, like the Sprint Connections Optimizer or the Smart Network Switch. Then find Wi-Fi in Settings, touch and hold each known network, and forget the network. Then try the transfer again.
- Restart both of your devices and try again.
- On your Android device, turn off your cellular data connection. Then try the transfer again.
If you enjoy our contents kindly click the link below to Join our Amazing Community on Whatsapp.
We would like to send you the latest tech news updates from Ghana and across the globe.
Kindly Click on the Whatsapp Invite Link Below: