The Chinese smartphone manufacturer Huawei, has confirmed that the next of it’s Mate series, the Huawei Mate 10 will launch on October 16 in Munich, Germany. Huawei’s Consumer Business Group CEO Richard Yu disclosed that the Huawei Mate 10 will feature a full-screen, bezel-less display.
The Mate 10 will come with all the latest hardware on the market and will run on the latest Android 8.0 Oreo straight out of the box.
The third largest smartphone manufacturer in the world is venturing into Artificial Intelligence and the Mate 10 is packed with its first A.I-enabled mobile processor chip with a dedicated NPU (Neutral Network Processing Unit ), giving you incredible AI power in the palms and it is dubbed Kirin 970.
Huawei Mate 10 Specification and Features
- GSM / CDMA / HSPA / EVDO / LTE
- Nano SIM
- Dual SIM
- 7.5 mm thickness
- Full-screen, bezel-less display
- Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- IP68 certified – dust/water proof over 1.5 meter and 30 minutes
- Resolution : 1440 x 2880 pixels (~546 ppi pixel density)
- Size : 5.9 inches
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- OS : Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Chipset : Kirin 970
- CPU : Octa-core (4×2.4 GHz Cortex-A73 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53)
- Card Slot : microSD, up to 256 GB (uses SIM 2 slot) – dual SIM model only
- Internal : 64/128 GB, 6 GB RAM
- Primary : Dual 20 MP +12 MP, f/2.2, 27mm, OIS, 2x zoom, Leica optics, phase detection & laser autofocus, dual-LED (dual tone) flash
- Secondary : 8 MP, f/1.9, 1080p
- Video : [email protected], [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]
- Misc : Geo-tagging, touch focus, face/smile detection, panorama, HDR
- Battery : Non-removable Li-Po 4000 mAh battery
- Fast battery charging
- Sensors : Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, gyro, proximity, barometer, compass
- WLAN : Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, DLNA, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth : 5.0
- USB : 2.0, Type-C 1.0 reversible connector
The smartphone manufacturer is very confident that their new mobile processor gives them a competitive advantage over Samsung, Apple and any other mobile device manufacturer.
Richard Yu stated, “Compared to Samsung and Apple, we have advantages. Users are in for much faster (feature) performance, longer battery life, and more compact design.”
Will the Huawei’s Mate 10 out class, out perform, out style Apple and Samsung ? And when will it be released in Ghana ? Follow this space for prices, release dates of the Huawei Mate 10 smartphone.