This is the first of Tech Habor’s “Do You Know” series. We will focus on innovative projects embarked on by successive governments which are in existence but are not being used.
One big question for today is “Do you know you can Apply for a Ghanaian Biometric Birth Certificate Online?”. The answer to the question is YES and Yes again. I did not know this platform existed in Ghana until I got caught up in a situation where I needed with a matter of urgency, renew my Birth certificate (old birth certificate is not accepted for official purposes again) to apply for the newly introduced Ghanaian Biometric Passport (Click to Register Now).
NB: Without a Biometric Birth Certificate you can’t Apply for a Passport In Ghana.
I was introduced to this Online portal when I visited the Birth and Death Registry. The E-Services Payment (eservices.gov.gh / epay.gov.gh) platform was created as far back as 2011 to facilitate electronic payments for services rendered by government institutions in Ghana.
This is an Online Services Portal of the Government of Ghana. This web portal is a one-stop window for services and information being offered by the various MDAs, MMDAs and all other Government of Ghana Agencies. It is made up of four sub-portals, namely, Citizens, Non-Citizens, Businesses and Governments.
On this electronic payments platform, you can Apply for a Biometric Ghanaian Birth Certificate, Renew Drivers License (next article for the Do you Know Series) and pay with Visa or MasterCard, Mobile Money, etc.
Requirement for the Ghanaian Biometric Birth Certificate
Please Scan all these documents if available. These documents will enable you get the Biometric Birth Certificate
- Clinical Weighing/Notification of birth card
- Baptismal Certificate
- Old Birth Certificate
- Affidavit from one of the parents (Explicitly For minors only)
How to Get a Ghanaian Biometric Birth Certificate Now
- Log on to eservices.gov.gh
- On the top-left side of the EServices Page Click on Apply for Birth Certificate. On the next page, Click on Register/ Create an Account for new users of the platform.
- Complete the form below and be as accurate as possible.
- Once you have successfully completed the registration, a confirmation will be sent to the email address (Get an email address right here if you don’t have one), you provided.
- You will receive a notification link in your email to confirm registration.
- Click on Apply for Birth Certificate or BDR tab.
- Read Instructions Carefully and Select New Applicant to begin.
- Carefully fill the forms and Upload Required files
- Payment options will be made available for you before the entire process can be completed.
This is one of the main services provided by the E-Services Platform. “Do You Know” series will focus mainly on paper-based services (eg. Birth Certificate, Renewal of drivers License, Vehicle Ownership Transfer,etc) provided in Ghana, that has a faster,safer and more secured online alternative.
We hope you found this article. For further enquires Call for assistance.