The era of going through middlemen and con artist are over. A recent report by JBKlutse states that Ghanaian passports can now be applied for and renewed online. This does not in anyway mean that forms purchased from authorized outlets across the country are invalid. This online system will run simultaneously with the old system i.e. Forms Application . The Ministry of Foreign Affairs assures Ghanaians of getting their passport within 15 working days for standard applications and 5 working days for express applications.
Hon. Hannah Tetteh the Minister of Foreign Affairs said the online application system would reduce the involvement of middlemen in the passport acquisition process. This new system will totally eliminate the dawn build up every single day at Regional Passport offices in the country.
Available Application Type and Prices
- Extended Application (“Express“) GHS 100.00
- Standard Application (“Normal“) GHS 50.00
Purchase an Application Vouchers at the Following Banks Across the Country
- Ecobank Ghana ( Airtel Money, VISA & MasterCard, MTN Mobile Money)
- Ghana Commercial Bank
- Zenith Bank Ghana ( Airtel Money, VISA & MasterCard, MTN Mobile Money)
For First Time Applicants. Here’s How
What you need to apply for the passport:
- Birth Certificate(Proof of Ghanaian citizenship)
- Documents to support Identity such as Driver’s Licence, National ID card
- Proof of Profession (An introductory letter from the applicant’s employer that is if the applicant is currently employed or a work ID card that bears applicant’s name, organisation’s name and position. A student ID if the applicant is currently in school. Homemakers/housewives and applicants that are unemployed and those in the non-formal sector of employment like mechanics, hairdressers seamstresses, traders etc. do not need proof. Registered Business Owners and self-employed applicants must produce their business registration certificate as proof)
Please Share. Thank You