The blue verified badge on Twitter lets people know that an account of public interest is authentic. We approve account types maintained by users in music, acting, fashion, government, politics, religion, journalism, media, sports, business, and other key interest areas. If you believe your account is of public interest and should be verified, this article outlines information about submitting a request.
Submitting a request
To be able to complete the form, your account must have the following:
- A verified phone number
- A confirmed email address
- A bio
- A profile photo
- A header photo
- A birthday (for accounts that are not company, brand, or organization accounts)
- A website
- Tweets set as public in Tweet privacy settings
Profile and account recommendations
Some common characteristics of verified accounts include:
- If the account belongs to a person, the name reflects the real or stage name of the person.
- If the account is a corporation or company account, the name reflects the real name of the corporation or company.
- The profile and/or header photo reflects the person, the corporation’s branding, or the company’s branding.
- If the account is a corporate or company account, the email address associated with the account is a corporate or company email address.
When submitting a request to verify an account, we ask for additional information that can help us evaluate it. Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- We’ll ask you to tell us why we should verify an account. If the account represents a person, we want to understand their impact in their field. If it represents a corporation or company, let us know their mission.
- When providing URLs to support your request, choose sites that help express the account holder’s newsworthiness or relevancy in their field.
- We may request that you scan and upload a legible copy of your government-issued ID (such as a passport or driver’s license) to confirm your identity.
Submit a request to verify an account
You can submit a request to verify an account by filling out this form, and we’ll respond to your request via email. Note: In order to access the form, you must be logged in to the Twitter account you would like verified. If you are not already logged in, you will be redirected to the Twitter login page.
If your request is denied, you can submit another request for the same account 30 days after receiving the email from us.
If you’ve submitted a request and have not yet received an email from us, we may be having trouble delivering it.
Source: Twitter Support